Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's Yellow Time in the garden



King's buttercup - lysimachia


Yellow evening primose with king's buttercup in the background
This time of year the primrose bloom and take over the colour scheme in my garden.  Hardly anyone has King's buttercup in their garden anymore, but I like the old fashioned bloom. Yellow can really brighten a dark corner and I have many in my shady garden.
But yellow isn't the only colour and I planted gold flame spirea bushes and roses to fill the colour gap in June.
Frobel's spirea adds pink to the seaon
Sweet william in the front garden, the only trouble with buying items at a club garden sale is you seldom know the colour. 

A Canadian Explorer Rose  - the first year.
Carefree rose with sage spires
Bonica rose

No comments:

Post a Comment