Thursday, April 28, 2011

April Showers bring May Flowers

The first emerging stalks of the Goldheart Bleeding heart.. Spring is on the way!
I just have to show you my goldheart bleeding heart.  I was amazed to see the bright lime leaves poking up through the soil already.  The red stalks are a hidden delight that I hadn't anticipated when I bought it last year. .  I have been so pleased with this varietial. It continued to keep its leaves all last summer and now is emerging way ahead of its temperamental cousin. You can see the blue silia blooms which carpet most properties in this area right now all aroung the plant.
Goldheart in bloom 2010, much later in the Spring.
 I've always had trouble getting bleeding heart to establish in my garden and I've liked it since I was a little girl.  I used to pass a bush on my way to school and I remember how amazed I was the first time I saw the little hearts hanging on the vine.
So welcome, Goldheart! You are my new favourite Spring flower!  You've managed to knock Virginia bluebells with the their pink dusted blue cups off my number one spot.   

1 comment:

  1. I really like that. Really eye catching and can understand why it would be your new favorite for Spring.
    Cher
    Goldenray Yorkies

    ReplyDelete