Thursday, April 29, 2010

Guess who I met


Here are the results of the second container workshop.  We met at my sister-in-law's and 6 of us used the shelter of her garage on the cold blustery day to create the these lovely container gardens with perennial plants. We had a great conversation afterwards over coffee and scones and lovely home made biscotti, courtesy of Linda.  I am very proud of my pupils, you'll see they did an outstanding job.
The highlight of the day was meeting Sandra Beech, though!  Imagine my surprise to discover she was one of my attendees. A Juno award winning children singer, Sandra is well known to teachers. We all played her albums to our students and sometimes were lucky enough to have her perform at a concert in our schools.  She is a delight to meet.  Did you know her brothers are the Irish Rovers. I was able to purchase an autographed CD of her best of compilation.
See, you need to come to these workshops!

No comments:

Post a Comment