We leave next Thursday for Australia, New Zealand and Bali. We plan on diving on the Great Barrier Reef, and in Bali. I will post photos and write a brief description of the places we visit. Stay tuned for some exciting times.
Fall is a great time to look back on your garden success, but there’s still time left for most of us to do some last minute garden maintenance. Here are some tasks to do now, to make next year’s garden even better.
1. Enrich garden beds with compost or manure.
2. Rake leaves and add them to your compost pile.
3. Clean bird feeders to get them ready for use. .
4. Cover water gardens with netting to keep the falling leaves out.
5. Keep trees and shrubs well watered until the ground freezes.
7. Cut back diseased perennials and remove all foliage. Do not put the cuttings in your compost pile.
8. Clean garden tools before storing them for the winter.