Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ducks on the Pond

The colourful male, keeps a watchful eye on events.

Relaxing in comfort
A pair of mallard ducks have decided we make a nice bed and breakfast.  They arrive each night about 4 pm and tuck in for the night.  They go out to eat (I think our neighbour feeds them).  I don't know what the fish think of them!
This has been our year for wild life, we also have a raccoon that strolls the grounds at 5 pm.  It is very fat and healthy looking and only waddles away with a backward glance when we yell at it! 

1 comment:

  1. I love that the wild ducks are coming in for the night and you don't have to have them as pets. My husband found them so relaxing to watch at the park the other day I'm considering putting in a pond myself! Thanks for the post and pic.

    ReplyDelete